Thursday, August 28, 2008

We the people...

I managed to catch half of Joe Biden's speech last night on tv (the first half was heard on NPR).  Which means I missed seeing the video and his son introduce him.  I like Biden.  I admire that he speaks truth to power.  It's a rare quality.  Granted, he can truly say some nutty things but he's not going to be the second coming of Dick Cheney.  I particularly enjoyed his comment that civil servants will no longer hear the 6 most feared words in the English language:  The vice-president is on the phone.  Or something like that.  Anyway, I'm sure I'm supposed to have wanted Hillary to be the VP but I think it's time to move past the Clinton's.  As much as I appreciated and enjoyed both speeches by the Clinton's, I'm ready for something new.

I also realized that when Barack wins (or "if" if you are pessimistic), I am going to cry like a baby.  The fact that he is giving his Democratic nomination acceptance speech on the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech is enough to make me tear up as I sit at my computer.  It will be remarkable.  We have a long tough road ahead of us, no matter who becomes the next President of the United States of America, but I am certain it will be Barack Obama.  If it is not, then my heart will be truly broken and my anger and sorrow will continue.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home