Friday, August 05, 2005

Annoying!

There are days when I would love to throttle the IT guy in my office. Two days ago he got snippy with me because I asked for a password he had set up - apparently, he had wanted to give it to me earlier but didn't because I said I didn't need to get into a database until later. He didn't tell me he had the password set up already. I know, it's not that annoying, but wait it gets better. Today, he calls me to accuse me of locking up the computer in his office. I can access it remotely because the database I need to look at is on that computer and not the cpu in my office. I explained politely that I logged myself off his secondary computer yesterday (over 24 hours ago) just as he had instructed. His resonse, "well, there's a difference between logging off and locking up a computer." Imagine that in a condescending male geek voice if you will. I then explained exactly what I did when I 'logged myself' out of the computer. After swearing on the phone, he fixed his problem and then said "never mind."

Grr . . . Argh.

1 Comments:

Blogger MWR said...

I am confident that this hateful, maladjusted cretin--whose lack of insight into his own interpersonal failings is matched only by how much irreversible damage he can do to your vital computer files--does not monitor this blog.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home