Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Calling

Or me calling London this morning while I was on the bus. I caught the end of the NPR broadcast of the press conference from New Scotland Yard in London regarding the 4 bombs that went off Thursday morning. Once I hopped on the bus I took out my mobile phone and started emailing the people I know in London. Thankfully, they are all alive and uninjured. Several of my friends work in buildings that were only a few blocks away from the blast sites. One of them was locked in his building for 3 hours today. They wouldn't even let people go down to the pub, which for an Englishman qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment...

Thank goodness for the current cell phone technology - I couldn't get through to London on a phone line but email worked like a charm. Now if we can just stop terrorist attacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home