Monday, June 20, 2005

The Trivial Things I Hate

I was making a list the other day of things that truly annoy me. As I looked over the list I realized how many of them are trivial matters. But no matter, I am still bothered by them. And since the title of this blog is "The Trivial Things I Hate" I won't get into the many, many, many reasons I loathe the current White House administration and Shrub's cronies...
  • I hate it when reviewers (music, movies, etc.) get the basic facts wrong. I also hate it when sports broadcasters/commentators do the same thing.
  • I hate that because I love bike racing and I'm American, Lance Armstrong must be my favorite cyclist.
  • I hate that my mother in law assumes that since I'm *so* small I couldn't possibly carry anything or do anything that remotely resembles physical labor.
  • I hate that drivers think it's o.k. to honk their horns in what sounds like an abrupt and rude fashion just as they are passing you while you're on your bicycle.
  • I hate that iTunes sometimes has the "wrong" 30 second clip of music. Do I really want to hear the lame verse when I really want to hear the catchy chorus? I didn't think so.
  • I hate hyperbole during sports broadcasts. "He's in agony!" cried Al Michaels last night as Robert Horry stepped to the line to shoot his free throws. Granted, a minute earlier Big Shot Bobby looked like he was in pain as he clutched his left shoulder. But "agony?"
  • I hate when lights are left on in unoccupied rooms of the house.
  • I hate that Mark (my spouse) eats my leftovers.
  • I hate that Mark eats all of the food, all of the time. I swear I'm usually scrounging around for crumbs.
  • I hate drivers who don't use their turn signals. It's not optional equipment.
  • I hate that Junior Mints cost $2.50 or more at the movie theater.
  • I hate the AC in my office - it's 80 degrees outside and I have to wear a jacket inside!

1 Comments:

Blogger tp_gal said...

marvelous! you've inspired me. watch for my list soon.

also - if Mark eats all the food, get more food. you will at some point find the balance between what the man needs to sustain himself and waste. Also, may I suggest color coded plastic containers. If it's in the red topped container it's my damn lunch/dinner so don't eat it!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home