Monday, April 09, 2007

Those Annoying People at Games


I have suffered through my fair share of annoying individuals at sporting events.  They range from obsessed stalkers to bored chatty women.  This season watching the Sonics, we've endured a number of incredibly loud and talkative people.  What made it worse was that they weren't even talking about the game.  And there have been unusual numbers of fans for the visiting team sitting around us.  Now, I can usually handle fans for the visiting team.  Most of them don't get too disruptive.  The low point had been the group of Detroit Pistons fans.  They have this lovely saying, "Deeeee-troit basket-baaaaaaaaaal" in a grating singsongy kind of way.  After a few hundred times of hearing that chanted right behind my ear I was ready to leave.  Honestly, I didn't think it could be any worse.  That is until I went to the Sonics v. Laker game last Friday night.  I swear that 1/3 of the arena was filled with Kobe Bryant fans.  (By the way, sports announcer who stated he's named after a steak, Kobe is not a steak, it's a type of Japanese beef not a cut of beef.  And it isn't pronounced "ko-bee," it's "ko-bay" but that's a gripe for another time).  It was bad enough that the house was full of Laker fans.  What was truly annoying was the chants of "MVP" every time he went to the line; and the standing and pointing and shouting.  I swear that they had all flown up from LA.  It was embarrassing.  If we get season tickets again, I'm requesting we move someplace closer to other season ticket holders....someplace where we can just complain about our coach/management in peace.  ;-)



1 Comments:

Blogger MWR said...

Yeah, but did you see that Chad got a new haircut?!?!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home