Friday, April 06, 2007

Books

I just finished my current book club book (my selection), Julie & Julia (I can't remember the complete title).  It was an easy read.  Maybe too easy.  It was fairly entertaining.  It's the story of how one woman decides she's going to cook every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in one year.  It's mostly about other things, her job, her marriage, her friends, her blog and then about the cooking.  I now know for certain that I do not want to eat an aspic.  The thought of cooking lobster makes me queasy and I'm never going to be cooking with marrow.  A friend asked if I wanted to embark on such a project.  I said no.  But what I should do is work my way through all of the lovely cook books I do have and try to cook one recipe a week.  That seems to be reasonable.  Mind you, this means I will be going through those cook books until the day I die, but that might not be such a bad thing.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home